Design Group Staffing provides permanent, contract and temporary placement for Engineering, Technical and Technical sales roles in Construction, EPCM, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil & Gas and Architecture & Design, as well as Specialist roles in Real Estate Development and Property Management across Canada.
Design Group Staffing is a platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years, and an ISO 9001 certified company. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, the company employs over 350 recruitment professionals who place thousands of quality candidates per year.
Design Group is currently recruiting for an Interior Design Principal. We are seeking an energetic, career-minded professional that wants to be challenged, recognized and rewarded for their contributions and hard work. Our client is a well know leading design firm in Canada.
Based at the Edmonton studio, the Interior Designer Principal is a critical role within the organization and an integral member of the Senior Management Team. The Principal will provide the leadership, direction and design expertise necessary to drive new business development opportunities that will enhance and grow the organization Interior Design portfolio in Edmonton and manage the delivery of outstanding projects.
The Principal will work closely with the Interior Design Principals in the other studios to set the overall Interior Design strategy for the firm. You will work closely with the existing Interior Design team as well as colleagues in other disciplines to collaboratively develop and execute projects.
The ideal candidate will be a strong Interior Designer with well developed relations in the Edmonton market place. The Principal will have extensive experience with corporate commercial and tenant improvement projects. The Principal will be responsible for all phases of the projects from business development, to collaboration with other disciplines and full execution of the projects.
With a demonstrated passion for excellence in design and project delivery, the ideal candidate will possess well rounded interior design experience and knowledge of general interior design practices including industry standards, current product development and best in class interior design practices. A team builder, you will manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, and will resolve complex technical and design issues with the team to produce innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional communication, relationship building, influencing and analytical skills, as well as a sound understanding of and passion for interior design. You are a thought leader, who is entrepreneurial by nature and thrives within a creative, fast paced, high energy and growth environment. You are a strong, collaborative, flexible leader who inspires and engages others, with a successful track record of exceptional performance in a dynamic role within a demanding, high pressure environment.
- Provide industry and thought leadership, you will be a strong Interior Designer and responsible to demonstrate a passion for excellence in design and project delivery.
- Actively seek new opportunities to grow the business strategically and creatively in the Edmonton market place, with a goal of increasing revenue and profitability.
- Understand the competitive landscape and trends affecting sectors and market.
- Create an energetic culture of accountability, commitment, respect, integrity, trust and success in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- The ideal candidate will possess a University or College Degree in Interior Design, coupled with 15+ years of professional Interior Design work experience. You are a Registered or Licensed Interior Designer, LEED AP. A Professional Designation is preferred.
- The ideal candidate possesses thorough knowledge of interior design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques and costs, as well as building material capability and characteristics. You bring practical knowledge of the general interior design practice and have an analytical approach with a solid foundation in interior design disciplines and the demonstrated capacity to understand the broader competitive landscape.
- You possess knowledge of industry standards, current product development and interior design practices combined with experience with contract language, liability, indemnifications and definitions.
- The incumbent will effectively build credibility, rapport and relationships internally and externally at all levels. You will bring demonstrated project management experience and a proven track record of success managing multiple projects, consistently meeting schedules, managing files and making decisions to promote the successful outcome of the project. With strong communication skills and exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, you are a team based, self-motivated, collaborative leader with the demonstrated capacity to motivate and inspire a high performing team to deliver outstanding projects.
- You possess a strong work ethic, are driven, committed and you consistently deliver. The ideal candidate will have the courage and integrity to make difficult decisions while balancing the longer and short-term goals of the organization.
- The new Principal is a master relationship developer, who builds and maintains reciprocal, strategic relationships with clients, striving for win-win scenarios at all times. You are able to advocate, motivate, convince and influence others in order to gain their support and commitment.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively through others, the incumbent will be a strong team builder and team player, with proven accomplishments in building effective relationships and developing and empowering high performance teams.
If you are looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a supportive team environment and you meet the job requirements outlined above, then we want to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume in MS Word format to Dave MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates chosen for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.