We are one of the leading insurance companies in North America. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Dominion is one of the Canadian-licensed insurers that make up Travelers Canada.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Claims Adjuster 2 (Property Unit), located in our Dartmouth office, is measured on their ability to investigate and evaluate lower to moderate complexity claims, to determine coverage available to policyholders and claimants. This position is responsible for applying and explaining applicable coverage to all relevant parties and documenting claims files. The Claims Adjuster 2 (Property Unit) is accountable for providing efficient and timely service to all customers and is expected to work with a moderate degree of autonomy, within established authority.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides timely, professional and efficient service to all customers to meet corporate service objectives. 35%
- Assembles information on new, transferred and ongoing low to moderate complexity claims for the purposes of evaluating the scope of the loss and determining appropriate coverage and indemnification to effectively manage loss and expense costs. 25%
- Analyzes information gathered on coverage, liability and quantum to verify authenticity and appropriateness of claims submitted. 10%
- Applies policy, legislation and company guidelines to all claims to manage loss costs and customer relations. 15%
- Processes and documents claims payments promptly according to company guidelines, obtaining authority from appropriate Claims Specialist or Unit Manager, to maximize loss cost management. 10%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
Education & Experience:
A University Degree or College Diploma with one to two years of property claims handling unit or related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Enrolment in the CIP program is an asset.
High proficiency with Windows-based programs including spreadsheet and word-processing applications. Ability to deal with people and communicate effectively by telephone. Ability to understand and apply policies and procedures. Proficiency in typing. Claims technical skills related to specialty.
Technical Ability, Ability to Learn, Organization and Planning Ability, Relations with Others, Spoken and Written Communication Skills, Service Oriented, Analytical Ability, Problem Solving, Decision Making.
Applicants whose skills and qualifications closely match those required by the job will be considered for an interview and a representative of Travelers will be in contact by phone or email.
We thank all applicants who apply; only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please ensure that you inquire as to what background checks are required for the position. Background checks are required at the final stage of recruitment and prior consent for such background checks will be obtained.
Does our Claims Adjuster 2 role sound like the position for you? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your current résumé along with a cover letter. Your cover letter should include how your specific skills and experience relate to the major responsibilities of the position. Don’t forget to highlight your accomplishments by including how you demonstrated your skills.