Devon Canada is seeking a Clastic Sedimentologist and Stratigrapher to join our Geotechnical Services team. We are looking for a passionate person who takes pride in working with a service driven team, someone who is also a business savvy professional that can help drive results.
Reporting to the Leader of Geotechnical Services, you will be part of an integrated group that supports thermal heavy oil and cold flow oil programs within the organization. This role is critical in promoting Devon's vision of being a results-oriented company that builds and delivers value for our shareholders through our employees which is achieved by creating an atmosphere of optimism, engagement, creativity and collaborative teamwork. The position is Calgary based with minimal travel to field locations.
Environment, Health & Safety and Regulatory Performance is a critical component of our overall success at Devon Canada and as such this position calls for a high level of excellence in respect to Health and Safety, requiring you to anticipate risk and ensure safety in the workplace is a priority.
Why Consider this Role?
- Organizational Growth - With Devon's recently renewed focus on heavy oil, you will have the potential to add value to a world class heavy oil operation with a substantial amount of anticipated growth over the coming years.
- Make Your Mark - As a self-directed member of the team you will have the opportunity to develop and foster relationships with appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze and characterize facies within various clastic depositional environments in order to develop predictive depositional models for improved reservoir understanding.
- Utilize depositional models in a multi-functional team environment to better delineate and effectively develop heavy oil and bitumen charged reservoirs.
- Integrate depositional models and post-depositional tectonics (salt dissolution, karstification, basement tectonics) to define structural influences on production, hydrocarbon trapping and cap-rock integrity.
- Assist in the interpretation/characterization of wireline petro-facies to enhance the evaluation of Devon's heavy oil resources.
- Supervise consultants and review technical reports and studies, as required.
- Organize training and conduct field trips for all geotechnical staff.
- Provide mentorship for junior geotechnical staff.
- Represent Devon as a "Subject Matter Expert" in the industry (CSPG / Consortia).