Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Manage the operational activities within the store to optimize payroll and improve process efficiencies. Lead the Merchandise Flow Team to ensure efficient support of internal and external customers. Lead the activities to support a culture of positive associate engagement throughout the store.
- Create a store environment, including Licensed Departments, of positive associate engagement by actively promoting Sears Mission, Vision and Values, providing regular communication through department meetings, daily scrums ,etc. Support and develop leaders and associates to achieve their potentials through performance management and succession planning that provides clear goals, coaching, training, positive recognition as well as timely, meaningful performance reviews. Participate in the recruitment and selection of new associates for designated areas.
- Liaise with General Manager to work with leaders to ensure customer service expectations, both direct and indirect, are being met, i.e. in-stock, selling interactions, dock pick up, etc. Direct the day to day activities of the merchandise flow team, merchandise pick and maintenance team to ensure customer-centric store environment is consistently maintained. Identify gaps and make recommendations for improvements wherever necessary.
- Drive flawless execution of operational activities in the store through the development, implementation, and monitoring of operational processes. Lead the development, review, analysis, and continuous improvement of operational processes and practices to eliminate redundancies.
- Manage payroll and operational optimization through the Department Managers. Educate, provide guidance and follow up to ensure efficiencies are realized by department. Work with Department Managers to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and payroll optimization.
- Ensure divisional inventories and the PCN process for all areas of the store are conducted as per the corporate calendar. Identify discrepancies, issues, etc. Develop and implement changes as required to ensure ongoing process improvements.
- Manage the H& S coordinator to ensure unit compliance. Communicate with store manager and leaders on identifying and providing solutions on hazard assessments. Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- College diploma in Retailing, Marketing or Business Administration
- A minimum of 3.5 years of previous work experience
- Demonstrated business acumen and highly developed analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills; develops, implements, evaluates & adjusts plans to hit goals
- Proactive and persistent at dealing with issues; providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to indentify key issues in complex situations; excellent creativity and reasoning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sears Canada it is our commitment to provide a healthy working environment and to take every precaution reasonable to ensure the safety of all our associates and customers.