About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking an Project Manager – Western Utilities located in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate utility projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the direction of the Division Manager.
- Plan, in conjunction with the Division Manager, the execution of projects in accordance with Corporate Policy
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships
- Prepare and submit utility project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules, milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Perform sales calls and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business
- Review work, contracts, WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
The ideal candidate will be an electrical engineer, CET and/or Licensed Electrical Journeymen with demonstrated experience in the utility industry.
- A University degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Several years of experience in the utility industry, including experience as a supervisor or field superintendent may be beneficial.
- Extensive experience in the utility industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
How to Apply:
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!