We are one of the leading insurance companies in North America. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Dominion is one of the Canadian-licensed insurers that make up Travelers Canada.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Provides administrative support to assist in the efficient and effective operation of the department. Assists in the co-ordination and administration of departmental or functional specific processes, programs or plans. Applies advanced computing skills and understanding of policies and procedures in compiling, verifying, non-routine processing and/or evaluating of information and data. Responds to general queries from internal and external callers. Works independently, with minimal supervision; seeks direction and guidance, as necessary.
- Provides word processing, spreadsheet, and file management support, to ensure that information is received, disseminated and stored in an efficient and, if necessary, a confidential nature.
- Administers special departmental and/or functional programs and completes other on-going or adhoc projects, as required to support functional objectives.
- Gathers and assembles information and data, and prepares reports, as required to provide functional area management with required information.
- Completes other administrative duties, as required, in support of functional area and corporate goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum: High school diploma
Minimum: Three years office, secretarial, or administrative experience.
- Keyboarding skills (e.g. minimum 55 w.p.m).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software (knowledge of Microsoft Office products an asset).
- Extensive knowledge of English grammar and syntax.
Organization and planning, service oriented, spoken and written communications.
Applicants whose skills and qualifications closely match those required by the job will be considered for an interview and a representative of Travelers will be in contact by phone or email.
We thank all applicants who apply; only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please ensure that you inquire as to what background checks are required for the position. Background checks are required at the final stage of recruitment and prior consent for such background checks will be obtained.
Does our Sr. Administrative Assistant role sound like the position for you? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your current résumé along with a cover letter. Your cover letter should include how your specific skills and experience relate to the major responsibilities of the position. Don’t forget to highlight your accomplishments by including how you demonstrated your skills.