AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some C$5.1 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
AMEC's Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Group (formerly Arcas) is looking for a full-time Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager for its Burnaby office. The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of cultural resource management projects throughout the province.
- Proposal preparation, research, data analysis, report writing, interacting with clients and government personnel, marketing, and supervising/mentoring staff.
- Field work is optional.
- The candidate will work in a dynamic and supportive team environment with some of the most experienced consulting archaeologists in BC.
- The job offers opportunities to work on a variety of projects throughout BC and other locations, as well as, to develop new skills and further career advancement.
- Candidates interested in part-time work or work based in other locations will also be considered.
- Bachelors or graduate degree in archaeology or anthropology;
- Minimum 15 years archaeological consulting experience;
- Familiarity with BC archaeology;
- Very good written and verbal communication skills;
- Capable of working in a quality deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision; and
- Valid Driver's License.
Preferred but not essential qualifications include:
- Defended M.A.;
- Field director status throughout BC; and
- BC permit holding status.
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the AMEC team. You will become a part of a strong, global company operating in oil and gas, mining, clean energy, and environment and infrastructure markets. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it.
That's the world of AMEC, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
AMEC offers competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.amec.com.
To Apply: Click here to apply online. If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your resume, you consent to AMEC Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for