Gibson Energy is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in Canada, and an integrated service provider to the oil and gas industry in the U.S.
Gibson Energy Inc. has been providing essential midstream services to the energy industry for 60 years. The Company is engaged in the transportation, storage, blending, processing, marketing and distribution of crude oil, condensate, NGLs and refined products.
Its extensive network of infrastructure assets spans North America. Gibson also provides emulsion treating, water disposal and oilfield waste management services in Canada and the U.S. and is the second largest retail propane distribution company in Canada.
Gibson utilizes its extensive network of integrated infrastructure assets to transport energy products for its customers.
Operations Analyst - Truck Transportation
Location: Edmonton TT Office
Job status: Permanent Full time
Business Unit: Truck Transportation
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support the Business Development and Marketing activities of the Truck Transportation group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter rates into the TMW system
- Work with accounting team / customers to resolve billing and invoice disputes
- Deal with owner operators on any settlement issues
Analytical / Marketing:
- Design and prepare monthly operational performance reports for customers with information gathered from internal systems
- Support marketing efforts by completing market analysis from information gathered from both internal and external sources
- Provide support to the NGL and Asphalt representatives when they are not in the office
KEY COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Provide competent judgment and meaningful analysis for Transportation
- Demonstrate ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong administration and analytical skills
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Essential Work Experience):
- 3 - 5 years progressive career related experience
- High School diploma as well as a 2 year technical diploma would be an asset
- Strong communication skills and an interest in the trucking industry
- Experience in the trucking industry would be an asset
- Advanced proficiency in computer spreadsheet and database programs.
Why Work Here
At Gibson Energy, we take pride in our reputation as a leading midstream services provider to the oil and gas industry in Canada and the U.S. Our success is directly attributable to the quality of the people who work at Gibson. We believe our competitive advantage lies in the strength and talents of our employees.
Career advancement opportunities
Company options that support work life balance
Competitive base salaries
Performance based incentive compensation
Education reimbursement program