| || Economist |
|We are currently seeking a talented Economist for our Federal Government client. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Analyze approaches dealing with economic and/or financial issues of relevance to the department's policy matters;
- Analyze approaches to adopt to tackle unique and complex analytical issues or relevance and importance to understand the performance of the department's services;
- Identify analytical issues or shortfalls constraining the relevancy and pertinence of economic analysis conclusions and economic analysis work undertaken;
- Provide expert advice on analytical approaches and data used to conduct analyses, on analytical work contracted out;
- Assist in the development of models to analyze, explain and forecast economic behaviour and patterns
- Monitor economic data to assess effectiveness of monetary and fiscal policy;
- Prepare reports.
Education and Certifications
- Significant experience in economic analysis;
- Significant experience with analysis and management of data;
- Experience in working in an advisory capacity, independently and with a track record of achieving objectives and respecting deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and including experience in dealing with and making presentations to senior departmental officials.
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred field of study: Economics
| || Apply Online 20140613.13 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altis Professional is recognized for its leadership and innovation within the staffing industry. We place experienced senior professionals in permanent and contract positions within the areas of Audit and Finance, Communications, Human Resources, Information Technology, Procurement and Scientific Fields. We are your career network.