Career Opportunities: Systems Architect, OSS Planning & Architecture (51035)
Req ID 51035 - Posted 07/21/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (2) - Job City (3) - Engineering & Network - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 130 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell's multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE - Canada's largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell's competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell's goal to be recognized by customers as Canada's leading communications company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Prepare detailed architecture and design documentation suitable for implementation teams (System Architectural Specifications, Conceptual Diagrams, Environmental Diagrams and Specifications, Interaction and Interdependency Diagrams (System Context Diagrams) etc.).
* Create and maintain end to end infrastructure roadmap taking into account a server management strategy in order to reduce the number of servers by virtualizing and optimize the physical resources in place.
* Apply technical experience and leadership in technical solutions direction, design and development (e.g., reliability, scalability, integrity, cost effectiveness, security, availability, ease of maintenance and operations etc.).
* Participate in design reviews by combining business requirements, enterprise IT standards and ITIL best practices to deliver the most favourable technical solution.
* Proactively analyze data centers, and architecture to identify optimization opportunities or provide upgrade (capacity) recommendations.
* Liaison with OSS groups to ensure alignment, effective planning and hand-over. Provide technical support, input and direction as required.
* Identify and evaluate future technologies that may have a significant impact on the business environment or technology by improving performance and efficiency or decreasing costs.
* Plan and participate in the preparation of RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and the subsequent validation of responses, technology platforms and proposed systems as well as execution of necessary testing and trials (e.g. evaluation, benchmarking, Proof of concept etc.).
* A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
* 8+ years IT technical experience of which the last 3 as infrastructure architect and major solution designer holding similar R&Rs as above preferably in a telecom environment.
* Fluent in English, French fluency is a definite asset
* Autonomous and energetic individual
* Experience with multiple server technologies as solution designer
* Knowledge and practice of consolidation, virtualization and High Availability solutions
* Experience with Veritas, Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL, OGC, Data-Guard environments
* Knowledge and practice of networking, routing and IP schemas and methodology
* Experience with Enterprise Storage Technologies (SAN, NAS, Replication, Storage Libraries, etc.)
* Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different requirements with a variety of projects and short timelines
* Very good analytical capabilities as well as organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are a must (written, verbal and presentation skills)
* Good business acumen to ensure technical solutions are created with business focus
* Very good knowledge of Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Exposure to technology tracking and evaluation of new products and solutions
* Deep Knowledge of Citrix and VMWare
BCE:WKP #Feature *LI-VB
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 08/12/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
The masculine and feminine used in this job ad refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender. Bell is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Ontario, MississaugaApply Online