With energy, drive and a spirit of collaboration, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. Better still, there are no limits on the legacy you can leave while working for ABB.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people.
- Be in charge of all commercial relationships with suppliers within the assigned commodity on a national level, securing targeted levels of cost, quality, & delivery. As well, participate or lead in regional and/or global ABB initiatives within the same commodity.
- Actively participate in the Tender Capture Team during the kick-off and tender progress meetings for selected target projects.
- Form and implement a long term commodity strategy of how to deliver optimal value to the business unit.
- Manage supplier relationships (vendor management) to drive supplier continuous performance improvement as per agreed criteria. This will include the responsibility to qualify potential suppliers onto the ABB vendor base.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal customers and other cross functional groups to ensure continuous improvement, so that service level commitments are met.
- Support in coordinating Logistics.
- Award purchase orders; provide ongoing administration of purchase orders issued until vendors' obligations are met.
- Handle non-conforming material and warranty claims with vendors.
- Ability to prepare, issue, evaluate and award RFQ and tenders
- Establish the project specific terms & conditions and ensure their application during negotiation and purchase order award.
- University degree preferred. Professional SCMP designation will be an asset.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in supply chain management of electrical, mechanical products and material in High Voltage project environment.
- Strong negotiation skills that will allow the incumbent to lead in the negotiations of complex contracts.
- In depth knowledge of RFQs, Contracts and the analysis of terms and conditions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- SAP knowledge and Logistics knowledge are an asset
- Bilingual, French and English (written & spoken).
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.