Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 83,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking, to over 19 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Incorporating the key personal investment and advisory activities within the Scotiabank, Global Wealth & Insurance provides a full range of products and services that encompass retail brokerage, investment management advice, mutual funds and savings products, and financial planning and private client services for affluent clients.
Investment Specialist Profile
As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing new wealth management business relationships as well as cross selling and up-selling to existing clients in the assigned market area. You will be responsible for ensuring investment portfolio growth, revenue generation and meeting defined goals, through an exclusive focus on establishing business development opportunities with prospects and clients who have limited or no existing relationship with Scotiabank.
You will also be responsible for driving investment sales and netting new client acquisition through a financial planning framework while developing relationships within the community and established/expanding Centres of Influence.
Promote the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in the assigned market area by:
* Developing and implementing a structured business development strategy according to agreed-upon growth objectives
* Providing wealth management solutions to a target client segment-$100 M to $1MM in investable assets
* Building and maintaining a market profile in the assigned market area
* Providing clients with an initial review of their existing financial plan or creating a new financial plan
* Sustaining the ongoing investment relationship for portfolio clients by maintaining ongoing contact with them in order to stay current on changing needs and investment objectives
* Conducting market research to understand market trends
* Conducting outbound communications and cold-calling to prospects to remain top-of-mind for future business opportunities
* Conducting complimentary needs analysis across several financial statements, including competitor statements
* Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand your network
* Identifying opportunities to deliver community information sessions and financial seminars to grow prospects
* Networking with investment industry specialists while managing a small budget for independent marketing-based activities
* Identifying additional investment business development opportunities and facilitating the implementation of an investment solution and/or referral to the appropriate Wealth Management partners
* Facilitating the seamless introduction of closed investment clients to Canadian Banking partners so that they are able to effectively deepen the client relationship through day-to-day banking and credit solutions
* Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to one-on-one touch bases and meetings with team members
* Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Key Measurements Include:
* Net new clients: approximately 100 new clients per year, sourced from internal solicitation list and externally
* Investment Sales: Target of $10MM per year, primarily into long term investment solutions
* Retention: Responsible for managing relationships, including retaining business, for all customers with household investable assets of $100M to $1MM
* 5+ years of investment sales experience and financial planning
*Currently or formerly owned book of business preferred; or the drive and motivation to develop a brand new book of business
* A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, in order to travel to meet clients and prospects within the designated district
* Proven networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills
* Advanced knowledge of practical sales techniques and prospecting
* Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently as a self-motivated entrepreneur with minimal supervision and also as part of a larger team
* Extensive knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
* An understanding of the Brokerage / Wealth Management and Online Brokerage environments
* Mutual Fund License
* Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
* Post-secondary education
* Brokerage or Wealth Management experience
* Second language an asset depending on target markets
Training and Support:
* A comprehensive 2+ week training program and ongoing support
* An extensive range of proprietary mutual fund solutions
* Financial planning and advice software
Mobile role travelling within GTA West, with ties to local area branches in Acton and Georgetown for both access to solicitation lists and introductions for credit and payment cross sell.
Please note that the compensation structure for this role is base salary plus variable pay (no caps on commission), Scotiabank pension plan-defined benefits plan and flexible benefits
To apply for this position please CLICK HEREScotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.