Our client, a leading bank, currently has an opening for a Junior Reconciliations Analyst.
The Junior Reconciliation Analyst performs a key control function for ensuring accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
· Process and rationale entries booked to the general ledger
· Independently analyze and reconcile more complex ledger accounts (e.g. financial products (e.g. mortgages, credit cards, etc.), securities, payroll and fixed assets)
· Ensure account activity is appropriate, closing balances are accurate and reconciliations provide meaningful information to senior management
· Identify and initiate process improvements to reduce manual effort and maintain accuracy and controls.
· Liaise with staff in other departments and externally to investigate and resolve differences, issues and to design and implement improvements
· Sound analytical skills, high accuracy and detail oriented
· Sound understanding of all products and investments and exposure to all reconciliations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel and Access
· Completion or enrollment in the CGA/CMA program is an asset.
o A minimum of 2 years related work experience in financial services.
o A minimum of 2 years experience working with mortgages and securities would be an asset.
If interested in discussing this engagement in more detail, please submit your resume in confidence to Kevin Kwan: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Kevin @416 645 2438.
Other fulltime opportunities can be viewed at www.ifgfinancialsearch.com and contract/project opportunities at www.ifgprojectresourcing.com.