IFG - International Financial Group is an international boutique that specializes only in the finance, accounting, tax and audit market niche. We are one of the fastest growing firms in this space in North America. We place tremendous value on understanding the specific needs and requirements of our clients and the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we represent. We serve as trusted advisors to build lasting relationships with both our clients and the professionals we represent to ensure overall success.
Our client, a leading bank, currently has an opening for a Junior Reconciliations Analyst.
The Junior Reconciliation Analyst performs a key control function for ensuring accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
· Process and rationale entries booked to the general ledger
· Independently analyze and reconcile more complex ledger accounts (e.g. financial products (e.g. mortgages, credit cards, etc.), securities, payroll and fixed assets)
· Ensure account activity is appropriate, closing balances are accurate and reconciliations provide meaningful information to senior management
· Identify and initiate process improvements to reduce manual effort and maintain accuracy and controls.
· Liaise with staff in other departments and externally to investigate and resolve differences, issues and to design and implement improvements
· Sound analytical skills, high accuracy and detail oriented
· Sound understanding of all products and investments and exposure to all reconciliations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel and Access
· Completion or enrollment in the CGA/CMA program is an asset.
o A minimum of 2 years related work experience in financial services.
o A minimum of 2 years experience working with mortgages and securities would be an asset.
If interested in discussing this engagement in more detail, please submit your resume in confidence to Kevin Kwan: email@example.com. You can also contact Kevin @416 645 2438.
Or Sign In
You can quickly Register using your social network accountRegister with Facebook
By clicking 'Join Now' or using a third party to create an account, you agree to Workopolis' Terms and Conditions of use.