Client Business Support Department ensures support for Service and Sales activities, and other delivery channels. The department is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service while adhering to regulatory and internal guidelines and controls. The department is responsible for driving the business forward by continuously enhancing operational efficiencies to speed up cycle times and enhance the client experience.
The Senior CBS Specialist, Mutual Funds Client Services is responsible for workflow processing and problem resolution of customer transactions generated from the Mutual Fund Call Centre, Tangerine Call Centre, Cafes, mail-in, on-line applications and various other departments. Service Associates are required to place outbound calls and send outbound emails in order to resolve Not in Good Order items and to satisfy investigation and escalated client inquiries while monitoring accurate processing requirements.
The position offers candidates an opportunity to gain experience in account investigation and reconciliation and develop a broader understanding of various aspects of the CBS Department within Tangerine Investment Funds Limited and the financial services industry.
- Dually employed by Tangerine Investment Funds Limited and Tangerine Bank.
- Ensures that mutual fund registration status is not compromised/jeopardized by always adhering to the Tangerine Investment Mutual Funds Policy & Procedures Manual and all updates/changes
- Reports any change of address, employment changes or changes under the Criminal Code or any other changes in accordance to the MFDA rules to superior immediately. Keep abreast of all new regulations.
- Review applications for suitability and apply principles of KYC in all customer transactions
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries/directions about Tangerine products from existing and potential Tangerine customers both by telephone and through electronic media.
- Place outbound calls and respond to emails in order to resolve Not in Good Order items/accounts/ investigations in order to satisfy processing requirements.
- Conduct service follow-up call and emails regarding account maintenance and all other inquiries.
- Conduct investigations and escalated problem resolutions, liaising with internal and external resources, including the review of recorded client conversations to determine corrective action.
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of policies and procedures to ensure effective controls and efficiency.
- Resolve client issues in a manner that meets the clients needs without compromising Tangerine standard of excellence and policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Conveys an Inspirational Tangerine Vision & Strategy
- Builds High Performing Tangerine Teams
- Acts as a Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Committed to Self Development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Detailed oriented requiring a high degree of accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Knowledge of the Bank's policies, practices, procedures, systems, and its products and services, an asset.
- Strong knowledge of investment products, registered plans and year end reporting requirements to CRA
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively alone and with other internal and external specialists while in a high volume environment.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
- Overtime may be required.
- Call centre experience an asset.
- Completion of a college or equivalent post-secondary degree.
- Successful completion of Canadian Securities and/or Investment Funds in Canada courses and Conduct and Practice Handbook
- 3 – 5 years of related work experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Bilingual an asset
- Experience in handling estates an asset
Tangerine Investments will make reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine Investments would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Investments Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine Investment policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.