Social Worker - Transition Management
Status: Temporary Part-Time
File Number: SW ONA AH-1400000634
Wage Schedule: $35.42 - $45.12 per hour
Program: Transition Management/Surgical Program
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, Transition Management, and primarily based in the fast paced Surgical Program, the Social Worker will be working with a varied caseload while collaborating with inter-professional team members and community partners with responsibility for the provision of social work interventions/services including: psychosocial assessments, discharge planning, crisis intervention, individual/group counselling, education, facilitating case conferences, data collection and assisting patients/families in adjusting to crisis/disruptions of their particular health care needs. Key components of the role will include; complex transition management planning utilizing exceptional critical analysis, demonstrating strong initiative, conflict resolution, substitute decision maker legislation, counselling, advocacy and problem solving skills. The incumbent will be expected to cover other areas/programs requiring social work interventions on various units/committees across all Lakeridge Health sites as assigned.
- Master of Social Work Degree;
- registration, in good standing, with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- experience in delivering social work interventions within surgery/medicine/CCC/
- critical care/emergency care setting or equivalent;
- experience providing comprehensive transition management/discharge planning while
- utilizing knowledge of levels of care and community resources;
- demonstrated knowledge of legislation pertinent to Provincial Alternative Level of Care designation, patient advocacy, Power of Attorney, consent to treatment and co-payment;
- ability to organize workload and establish priorities effectively to meet workload;
- demonstrated ability to function effectively with interprofessional team and with community partners to foster effective working relationships;
- effective communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in service education in this area
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit).
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.