Patient Flow Coordinator - Medicine and Patient Flow
Status: Regular Part Time
Wage Schedule: $45.328 - $49.383
Program: Medicine and Patient Flow
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director, Medicine and Bed Allocation, the Operations Supervisor is accountable for providing corporate supervision, guidance, direction and mentorship, efficient and effective utilization of human, material resources and facilitating bed allocation/bed control.
The Operations Supervisor provides: consistent and timely responses to front line staff across all sites, recommending strategies and overseeing their implementation; making rounds to patient care units to assess workload and distribute workload if required; facilitating the triaging of calls on a corporate basis to the Administrator on-call and Physician Administrator; recommending plans to increase bed flexibility; coordinating requests for external or intra-site transfers; managing an effective bed tracking process; compiling relevant data for patient flow activities. In addition, provides visible clinical leadership and demonstrates responsibility, accountability and commitment to the development of a work environment that exemplifies interprofessional and ethical practice; professional autonomous decision making; empowerment; integrative thinking; appreciative inquiry; a shared governance philosophy; and positive recognition through the support of professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
- current B.C.L.S.;
- demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the (College of Nurses of Ontario);
- proven experience and understanding of effective and efficient patient flow management;
- proven recent supervisory/leadership, conflict resolution, and negotiation abilities;
- proven significant hospital experience with a varied clinical background;
- demonstrated computer skills in order to manage the bed dictionary;
- demonstrated understanding of bed and clinical utilization process;
- effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- demonstrated effective problem-solving, prioritization critical thinking skills and conflict resolution;
- proven ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- able to provide own transportation for intersite travel;
- demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area;
- demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-directed;
- ability to respond to a large number of simultaneous/competing demands from patients, families, staff, physicians, and other programs and departments; and
- Masters of Nursing or related health field is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.