Reporting to the Production Superintendent, this position ensures the day-to-day production process is optimized and runs efficiently.
- Plans and schedules plant production based on maximizing productivity and best utilization of manpower, resources and equipment
- Monitors plant operations to ensure all equipment is working efficiently
- Interfaces with maintenance department to prioritize plant/equipment maintenance (scheduled and non-scheduled)
- Manages inventory stockpiles and balances production with anticipated demand for product.
- Performs Shift Boss functions including having responsibility for all plant personnel, contractors, and visitors
- Oversees load out facilities to ensure efficient turnaround of barges and ships
- Enforces compliance with safety rules, policies, and procedures
Skills and Qualifications
Benefits and Compensation:
- High School diploma
- Post Secondary education in Earth Sciences
- Shift Boss certificate (Ministry Requirement)
- Minimum 5 years in aggregate mining/production
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Safety Regulations and Mining Codes
- Computer proficiency
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions quickly
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
The Employee Referral Program is available to all employees. Employees have the opportunity to earn $500.00 for referring a qualified external candidate, provided the conditions of the policy are met.
Across Western Canada and Washington State, Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited has been creating custom solutions in the heavy building industry for over 100 years.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the world's leading heavy building materials companies with over 14,000 employees in North America.
HeidelbergCement is the global leader in aggregates and has leading positions in cement, concrete and heavy building products.