Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. We train, trust and empower our employees to exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers. Our core values build respect, and our employees share a commitment for continuous improvement. Our QA programs and environmental policies serve to protect our people, our clients and the public. Our Health & Safety strategies have led to award-winning achievements. We offer: Good starting wages, many benefits, upgrading opportunities, training opportunities, a friendly atmosphere and more.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Centrifugal Chiller Mechanic. This person will be responsible for servicing, maintenance, teardowns and rebuilds of Centrifugal Machines as well as all other HVAC equipment.
- Perform expert preventative maintenance, emergency repair and testing on all HVAC components, including centrifugal chillers.
- Respond to all emergency service calls within an acceptable timeframe to keep system downtime to a minimum.
- Analyze, trouble-shoot, repair and restore equipment and systems to full operation and recommend revisions/replacements when necessary for effectiveness.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic 313A valid trade license
- Gas Fitter 1 preferred
- Ozone Depletion Prevention certification
- TSSA Brazing Certificate
- Experience with and factory training for York YK/YT Centrifugal Chiller and Compressor overhauls an asset
- Problem solving and exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organizational ability
- Member in good standing with Local 787
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.