About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Centrifugal Chiller Mechanic. This person will be responsible for servicing, maintenance, teardowns and rebuilds of Centrifugal Machines as well as all other HVAC equipment.
- Perform expert preventative maintenance, emergency repair and testing on all HVAC components, including centrifugal chillers.
- Respond to all emergency service calls within an acceptable timeframe to keep system downtime to a minimum.
- Analyze, trouble-shoot, repair and restore equipment and systems to full operation and recommend revisions/replacements when necessary for effectiveness.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic 313A valid trade license
- Gas Fitter 1 preferred
- Ozone Depletion Prevention certification
- TSSA Brazing Certificate
- Experience with and factory training for York YK/YT Centrifugal Chiller and Compressor overhauls an asset
- Problem solving and exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organizational ability
- Member in good standing with Local 787
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!