Reports to the Regional Risk Control Director or Field Manager. Delivers risk control services to clients in assigned territory. Provides technical advice and account information to underwriting business partners for risk assessment and analysis. Works on low to moderate complexity jobs with premium usually under ($250,000) and low to moderate exposure property values. More autonomous, but still receives oversight and report review from Managers. Typically has 3 -8 years of experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct loss control surveys at client locations to determine potential hazards and risk factors to be considered in underwriting/risk selection.
- Write technically detailed reports that provide a clear assessment of risk and clearly articulate recommendations.
- Serve as resource to Account Executive in development of the deal.
- Consult with clients on ways to control hazards in order to reduce or prevent losses.
- Starting to regularly influence clients to implement recommendations.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with underwriting and service teams assigned to CL business, with the broker/agent community, with Claim, with other Risk Control staff, and with clients.
- Conduct research for underwriters or clients on class of business, operations, NFPA, issues, or any other technical subject requiring similar analysis.
- Analyze loss trends, recognize opportunities to provide risk control products and/or services which can help reduce losses.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory environment and emerging safety issues.
- Apply analytical and ergonomic skills to complete Claims Engineering Review.
- Maintain timely, relevant communications with the Regional Manager.
- Apply analytical and ergonomic skills to complete Claims Engineering Review
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Becoming more effective with making complex technical information and recommendations understandable and clear to audiences with varied levels of technical knowledge
- More consistently influences clients to take action on recommendations
- Listens effectively
- Clearly expresses ideas, recommendations, etc. in writing
- Asking more open ended questions in Risk Evaluations. Starting to understand and apply the use of behavioral interviewing techniques
- Possesses a moderate understanding of both Property & Casualty lines of coverage
- Moderate understanding of Commercial Lines insurance products
- Fully understands Risk Control performance standards
- Knows and understands the business plans for each marketing business unit
- Has solid understanding of Risk Control computer systems applications relevant for their area
- Handles assignments of low to moderate complexity
- Analyzes loss information to identify causes and develop recommendations.
- Builds credibility with internal and external customers
- Creates customer satisfaction by demonstrating the value of risk control services
- Familiar with the risk control service tools available to clients, capable of helping client navigate through the risk control website Resource Management:
- Receives direction and prioritization of workload from management in light of business priorities
- Identifies methods for improving personal productivity
- Developing an understanding of when it is appropriate to bring in the service or technical expertise of our specialist including specialty groups such as construction, technology and public sector
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and transition to and from ladders or stairs in order to access building roof areas and upper or lower floors within a customer site during risk control surveys.
- Have the ability to navigate through customer sites in a safe manner, which may include manufacturing areas, warehouses, storage yards, construction sites, etc. which may present surfaces that are uneven, wet, icy, and somewhat unstable or covered with debris.
- Have the ability to navigate within a customer facility in low light or relatively dark conditions.
- Be capable of making regular and prompt travel over extended distances by air or vehicle while demonstrating effective planning, expense and cost control skills.
- Must have the ability to work under exposure to extreme outdoor/indoor conditions (heat, snow, cold, rain etc.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those with relevant experience will be contacted.