Inc. ("Sym-Tech") is a mid-sized, entrepreneurial Canadian company which
provides a full suite of finance and insurance (F&I) products and training
solutions to Canadian new car dealers, and their consumers. Sym-Tech's
headquarters is located at 150 West Beaver Creek, Richmond Hill, ON, L4B 1B4. Sym-Tech is built on a foundation of dedicated people who possess extensive
industry experience. Our core values of
Teamwork, Innovation, Results, Execution and Support (T.I.R.E.S) helps foster a
culture of performance, accomplishment, rewards and integrity.
We are committed to
providing associates with an experience that will help them grow and develop
professionally. Ideal candidates are
self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with
a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents,
consider joining our team.
Reporting directly to the Warranty Claims Supervisor, the Inside Automotive Claims Adjuster is responsible for appraising and estimating loss and damage associated with automobile claims (body and mechanical) through the auditing of submitted claims, either electronic or paper, digital photos and attached estimates.
The Inside Automotive Claims Adjuster is accountable for verifying claim term and coverage, determining the validity of the claim, and choosing the appropriate repair option and price point.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review customer’s warranty contract information including previous notes and previous claims to determine if the new claim repairs are covered under the contract.
- Contact repair facility to determine specific failure, procedures used to determine failure, and discuss part and labor pricing
- Interview the repair facility and vehicle owner to determine the circumstances surrounding the failure in order to determine the validity of the claim
- Determine whether to request an independent inspection
- Determine preferred method of repair based on pricing and remaining warranty
- Negotiate prices for labour and parts
- Authorize repairs, towing, and requested qualifying rental cars after all required procedures have been completed
- Forward authorized claims to accounts payable for payment
- Ensure incoming claim requests received are handled in an appropriate and time-efficient manner
- Assist dealers in handling unsettled claims by consulting with service personnel or customers.
- Provide timely and effective communication of decisions to claimants and / or team
- Meet productivity objectives set by the department in terms of average handle time, average first response time, service levels, and overall adherence to company service guidelines
- Treat each customer encounter with best in class customer service
- Participate openly and actively in coaching / team development sessions by providing input and feedback to the claims team
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive repair experience is required
- Degree in Automotive Technology is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of all aspects related to the mechanical operation and body structure of various automobiles and light duty trucks
- Basic computer skills, MS Office, scanners, internet and other office equipment
- Experience with Mitchell estimating system is required
- Ability to define problems, to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions, deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle emotionally charged situations
- Bilingualism - English/French is an asset but not required