The Echocardiography department is currently seeking a Registered Technologist to join their team.
- Performs echocardiography procedures according to established procedures and protocols of JBH and standards of practice.
- Transfers, reviews and manipulates images to PACS
- Creates a technical report, and documents all procedures and test results
- Collaborates with the Cardiologists, and other health professionals
- Operates and ensures medical imaging equipment is effective and troubleshoots technical issues.
- Adheres to health and safety policies
- Takes initiative on staying current on continuing education, new procedures and modalities
- Experience in performing 2D Echocardiograms, including colour Doppler, Saline Studies, Stress Echocardiograms, Dobutamine Echocardiograms and Contrast Echocardiograms.
- Experience in assisting with the performance of Trans-esophageal Echocardiograms (TEE).
- Experience in interpretation and reading of echocardiograms with cardiologist.
- Current B.C.L.S. certification.
- Must have successfully passed the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) examination.
- Current active registration in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or the Canadian Association of Registered Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP).
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated superior customer service focus.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills.
- Demonstrated respectful and positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and performance required.
- Must have completed a recognized post diploma Adult Echocardiology (A.E.) program with approved school.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources quoting “ECG Technologist”
Joseph Brant Hospital
1230 North Shore Boulevard
Burlington, Ontario L7S 1W7
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.