If you are the type of person who thrives on change, growth and opportunity, and are interested in a career in the financial services industry, Manulife is the place for you.
Long Term Disability Case Managers-RLL1401278
Manulife Financial's Institutional business unit is a leading provider of retirement savings plans, employee benefit programs, and insurance solutions for Canadian groups including businesses; professional, alumni and retiree associations; financial institutions; retailers and other organizations. The Institutional business unit provides a broad range of coverage including health and dental care, travel insurance, registered retirement savings and pensions, short- and long-term disability coverage, employee share ownership programs, flexible benefits plans, absence management solutions, defined contribution plans, deferred profit sharing, life and critical illness insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage plus wellness solution
Our Halifax Group Life & Disability Office is growing and we are looking for experienced individuals with strong relationship management and problem solving skills to join their fast paced team as Long Term Disability Case Managers.
In this role, you will be responsible for the assessment of long term disability claims, the development of specific case management plans, and key decisions. These duties rely on your sound analysis of disability contracts and your ability to think strategically and to apply sound judgment. Communication skills are also a vital part of this position as you will deliver difficult messages and manage relationships with Plan Administrators, medical professionals, and other key stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of long term disability claims including the identification, and analysis of medical, contractual, and eligibility information
- Development of case management plans
- Consistent interaction with Claimants and Clients
- Technical direction toward the case management plan
- Making decisions on Waiver of Premium claims
As the preferred candidate, you will possess:
- Disability management and/or Group Benefit knowledge
- Previous case management experience within an insurance/financial organization
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills
- Analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- An ability to manage relationships with external and internal clients
- Flexibility to balance conflicting priorities
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$567 billion (US$539 billion) as at June 30, 2013. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.
Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.