Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
We have permament full time opportunities available at our Etobicoke, North York, and Richmond Hill facilities.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of a specific business unit within a Solid Dose or Liquid Dose Production facility, including ensuring that all work is performed in compliance with Safe Work Practices, cGMP, Standard Operating Procedures, and company policies. As part of the Production leadership team, the main focus is responsibility for day-to-day performance and results, developing systems and measurements to evaluate area performance and employee, performance, and participating in or leading initiatives (e.g. reliability) to facilitate improved productivity.
1. Provide results oriented leadership that drives continuous improvement consistent with the Operations Strategic Plan and the Production Game Plan.
2. Co-ordinate, assign and supervise all production activities and outcomes for area of responsibility to ensure production schedule/agreed upon goals and objectives are met.
3. Develop systems and metrics to measure and evaluate both productivity and individual performance and contribution on an on-going basis.
4. Use systems and metrics to guide the initiation and execution of safety, quality, productivity and continuous improvement initiatives in support of the Operations Strategic Plan and Production Game Plan.
5. Provide strong leadership to the team that fosters personal development, interaction and participation.
6. Provide leadership as a member of the Production leadership team, building and maintaining positive relationships with the key business partners within and outside of Production (e.g. Production Maintenance, other Production departments (Compounding, Dosing, Coating, etc), Logistics, QA, Validation, Formulations, Human Resources, etc.)
7. Ensure department is professional and all work is performed in compliance with all regulatory requirements (GMP, safety) and company policies. Initiate investigations and provide or implement preventive/corrective action for all safety and compliance non-conformances.
8. Responsible and accountable for supervising the team in accordance with Ontario Occupation Health and Safety Act, Apotex Inc Health and Safety policies and Safe Work procedures (SWPs).
9. Provide recommendations to the next level of management regarding procedural and organizational changes.
10. Evaluate the individual performance and contribution of all direct reports on an on-going basis and establish developmental plans in conjunction with individuals where required. Ensure employees participate/receive all relevant training within required timeframes.
11. Responsible for the resolution of all employee issues within the department with the involvement of the next level of management and human resources as required.
12. Ensures their team is aligned to all departmental and corporate strategic initiatives.
13. Acts as a specialized manufacturing resource to senior management to support resolution of complex issues.
14. Represent the interests of Production Operations in the absence of the department manager.
15. Perform additional related duties as required
* Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field.
* Three to five years supervisory experience preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership experience particularly in the areas of approachability, dealing with direct reports, managing diversity, setting goals and objectives and measuring performance.
* Computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs and exposure to SAP or other ERPs.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work within a team environment (as part of a team) as demonstrated through previous work experience.
* Previous experience in the Food, Consumer Packaged Goods or Pharmaceutical industry an asset.
* Ability to motivate self and others.
* Proven experience in systematic problem solving.
* Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.