CLINICAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR, SURGERY AND AMBULATORY CARE
Status: FULL TIME
File Number: UN EX - 1400000417
Program: Surgery And Ambulatory Care
Your compassion and commitment to quality care have placed you among the best in the profession. Now it's time to enjoy the incomparable rewards of a career with us. The Clinical Program Director, Surgery and Ambulatory Care is a high visibility, high impact, leadership role. If you have passion, high energy and flexibility then you would be a great fit to help take our Surgery and Ambulatory Care Program to the next level!
Accountable to the Associate Vice President Clinical Services, the Clinical Program Director works in partnership with the Medical Director to lead the program(s). The Clinical Program Director provides strategic direction, leadership, and administration of the Surgery and Ambulatory Care Program in accordance to the Mission, Vision and Values, of Lakeridge Health.
In this role you will lead and orchestrate the development, management and evaluation of administrative and operational activities of a large multi-site community hospital, including three Surgical sites, Surgical inpatient beds, Endoscopy services, Sterile Processing Department and various Ambulatory clinics.
The position requires a leader with vision, initiative, strategic thinking, strong relationship-building skills and a record of making a decisive impact in a demanding environment. Your active participation in health care networks, the broader stakeholder community, and other professional groups will advance the health system in the provision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set the appropriate context for the program by translating corporate strategic directions and objectives into program-specific goals and objectives and set the environment that enables the Program/Service to meet and exceed the evidence based/best practice standards and regulatory requirements.
Develop new or expanded programs and services, including proposal/business plan development, and manage the resulting implementation and establish an environment that enables the Program/Service to meet and exceed expectations of patients, their families and communities we serve
Build team cohesion by leading the management of change and disseminating and promoting an understanding of corporate mission and values.
Establishes and maintains external/internal partnerships and linkages and establish the communication strategies to ensure the appropriate involvement of stakeholders in program development. considerations.
Develop the program strategic human resources plan including short and long term needs and succession planning and promote the development of leadership skills and capabilities within the program area.
Develop and recommend the annual operating and capital budget for the program, review monthly financial and statistical reports and determine the appropriate actions and accountability for the overall allocation and efficient utilization of clinical resources.
Take a lead role in creating a culture of safety, quality, and service across the organization, to improve practices and service delivery.
- Masters prepared in requisite field or Business Administration
- Certificate of registration in good standing from a healthcare regulatory college
- Membership in a Professional Association such as RNAO
- 7 or more years of progressive experience in a health discipline, with progressive management experience
- 3-5 years clinical experience relevant to the Program
- Demonstrated clinical and administrative skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills combined with excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated management and staff development skills, with emphasis on coaching, mentoring and leadership and effective change management skills
- Exceptional leadership, relationship management, facilitation, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create a collaborative, interprofessional working environment which fosters high morale and effective staff relationships and participation
- Proven ability and experience in managing quality, risk and utilization
- demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.