OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLNESS
Status: Temporary Part Time
File Number: UN.EX.- 1400000498
Location: Oshawa (Coverage at other Lakeridge sites will be required)
Wage Schedule: $32.651 - $43.756 per hour
Program: Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness
We currently have an opportunity for an Occupational Health Registered Nurse to join our team. We require a mature, energetic and team oriented individual with proven leadership skills, who enjoys working autonomously. This position will be primarily at Lakeridge Health Oshawa but coverage at other Lakeridge Health sites will be required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of the Occupational Health Programs and Services including: employee incident management; employee health assessments; assessment and care of injury and illness of staff; some return to work programs; immunization of staff; surveillance activities; health promotion and teaching; and employee assistance and counselling. Other related duties as assigned.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CNA Certification in Occupational Health Nursing or in process
- current B.C.L.S.
- Significant experience as an Occupational Health Nurse preferably in a Health care organization
- disability management experience including claims management and Return to Work programs
- sound knowledge of relevant legislation including WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code
- computer knowledge including Meditech, Microsoft Word, and Parklane;
- excellent assessment skills
- effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- able to work well under pressure and effectively deal with changing priorities
- strong management, organizational, problem solving skills and critical thinking skills are essential
- demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service sessions
- proven good attendance with the ability to maintain this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.