About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
- Responding to supplier inquiries
- Accurate posting of invoices
- Obtaining approval of invoices prior to payment
- Accurate data entry
- Ensuring invoices match purchase orders
- Accounts payable days at 45 days or more
- Manage all vendor accounts; reconcile vendor statements
- Complete detailed cost coding of vendor invoices in excel format
- Review, input and process bill payments on a timely basis
- Responsible for maintaining a schedule of accounts payable to ensure that bill payments are prioritized for cashflow management
- Reviews and processes accounts payable transactions accurately and timely, ensuring proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Communicates with vendors and internal customers, when necessary, to correct and modify invoices/payments
- Processes various reports, audits, and/or reconciliations including the creation of adhoc reporting
- University/College degree in related field including knowledge and understanding of basic accounting concepts
- JD Edwards knowledge at the entry to intermediate level is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a variety of people and answer queries in a professional manner
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Proven ability to accurately handle high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Advanced skills with Excel, Outlook, MS office word
- Demonstrate motivational skills
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be selected. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!