Patient Care Manager - In-Patient Surger
Posting #: UN EX 1400000717
Position: Patient Care Manager
Department: In-patient Surgery
Location: Lakeridge Health Oshawa
Status: Full Time
Salary: $46.971 - $51.173
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Patient Care Manager, In-Patient Surgical Unit reports to the Director, Surgical Program. This position is responsible for the management of the clinical unit. While working collaboratively with all members of the health care team, the successful incumbent will use their effective planning, budgeting and problem solving skills, to ensure: the development of unit and program processes; the management of staff; and to develop/support business goals including operational efficiencies and optimize interdisciplinary team functioning. As well, will develop, facilitate and support the implementation of evidence based processes and practices to achieve excellence in high quality delivery of patient care.
The Patient Care Manager will have a personal drive and the need to achieve results by working to accomplish unit outcomes and setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources and have the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal by engaging and empowering staff.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related discipline or a business related degree, or in progress (Masters preferred);
- Current registration from the appropriate regulated health professional association;
- Proven recent clinical experience;
- A keen interest and recent process re-engineering, planning and implementing experience;
- A proven track record of achieving results that improve the organization and inspire confidence and commitment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively and create a high performance culture through change management strategies that facilitates growth and development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital functions and current trends in health care;
- Proven knowledge of and ability to work with Collective Agreements and Labour Relations issues;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, and related best practice guidelines;
- Proven ability to problem-solve and critically analyze issues;
- Proven management skills including financial, human resources, quality improvement, project planning and risk, change management, evaluation and utilization management skills;
- Well-developed negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills;
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills including the ability to fully utilize communication tools;
- Current B.C.L.S.;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions;
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.