Pharmacy Manager - Durham Regional Cancer Centre
Posting #: UN EX 1400000718
Position: Pharmacy Manager
Department: Durham Regional Cancer Centre & Corporate Quality/Compliance
Location: Lakeridge Health Oshawa
Status: Temporary Full Time (8 – 12 months)
Salary: $55.050 - $59.481
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Pharmacy Manager of DRCC & Corporate Quality and Compliance reports to the Director Pharmacy Services. This position is responsible for the management of the DRCC pharmacy. While working collaboratively with all members of the Pharmacy leadership team, Durham Regional Cancer Centre Team, Cancer Care Ontario (as applicable) and with all members of the health care teams, the successful incumbent will use their effective planning, budgeting and problem solving skills, to ensure: the development of unit processes; the management of staff, the achievement of business goals including increased operational efficiencies and optimize interdisciplinary team functioning, an ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of best practices and ability/passion to support a new pharmacy design. This position is responsible for leading the identification, planning and implementing of best practices, legislated and accreditation requirements in partnership with the Pharmacy leadership team to achieve excellence in high quality delivery of safe medication services. The Manager will have a personal drive and the need to achieve results by working to accomplish outcomes and setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources and have the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal by engaging and empowering staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy with active membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists;
- Pharmacy Doctorate preferred;
- Membership in professional organizations such as CSHP, OPA etc, an asset;
- Experience in Cancer Care setting preferred;
- Strong understanding of Cancer Care Ontario pharmacy best practices and requirements required;
- Understanding of Accreditation process and requirements both hospital and through Ontario College of Pharmacists;
- Advanced skills in working collaboratively professionally in keeping with the strategic directions of Lakeridge Health and the Goals of Pharmacy Services, with a broad range of internal colleagues and external stakeholders/partners;
- Strong change management skills and strategies to support goal achievement;
- Exceptional communication skills, verbally, written, report-writing and through presentations;
- Experience with budgets and monitoring costs associated with pharmaceutical projections and utilization;
- Understanding of relevant collective agreements and labour relations issue;
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively and create a high performance culture that facilitates growth and development;
- Proven effective organizational, planning, assessment and evaluation skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety, and participation in regular in-service sessions;
- Experience in LEAN methodology, an asset; and
- Proven attendance with the capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.