If you think Edward Jones is like every other large investment firm, think again. We are a leader in the financial-services industry, but we take a personal approach to business, an approach that starts with a face-to-face meeting between a financial advisor and client.
We believe that building long-term relationships with our nearly 7 million clients is key to serving their needs. Whether it's in the United States or Canada, we're located in the communities where our clients live and work because that's the best way to get to know them and help reach their financial goals.
A financial services leader with a presence in Canada and the United States, we are known for our personal approach to business and all our associates are dedicated to one purpose: helping our clients achieve their long term financial goals. Our commitment to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates has contributed to our inclusion in the "50 Best Employers in Canada" list for the tenth consecutive year. As we continue to expand our business and growing network of branch offices, we are seeking highly motivated, results-orientated individuals who are looking for both professional and personal satisfaction.
Department: Canadian Branch Support
Description: We are seeking a Field Coach looking for the opportunity to be a part of our growing Canadian operations.
Key Responsibilities The Field Coach is responsible for:
- Coaching, developing, and holding new Financial Advisors (with less than 24 months experience) accountable for generating clients and building an ethical business
- Collaborating with other areas in Head Quarters and the field to align messages and coaching support for the Financial Advisors
- Completing key activities that drive FA health including face-to-face contacts, role-playing presentations, phone sessions, and appointment observations
- Partnering with the regions to conduct/lead/co-facilitate support programs such as the delivery of field training, phone sessions, and regional meetings
- Using creative approaches to diagnose training and support needs and to apply appropriate solutions to help new FAs overcome challenges such as objection handling, time-management, and closing business
Apply Now at: Edward Jones
- Licensing Requirements: CSC, CPH, LLQP, WME or equivalent is preferred or must become licensed within first 6 months of hire
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Sales Communications or related field
- 3+ years of sales experience as a Financial Advisor Meeting or Exceeding Expectations
- 3+ years of sales experience with other firms with verifiable proof of performance, or 3 + years of teaching/training/coaching experience
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- strong organizational skills
- ability to prioritize coaching visits based on need of supported FAs
- ability to multi-task
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- exceptional understanding of the work, responsibilities, success factors and expectations of the Financial Advisor position
- excellent problem solving abilities
- strong understanding of the client creation process/able to demonstrate key client building skills for the FA
- strong product knowledge
- must have flexibility in hours to meet the needs of new FAs supported
- must be willing to travel daily within the Toronto and surrounding areas