Education and Experience:
- 7-10+ years proven project or program management experience, preferably in investment industry
- University Degree
- PMP is a plus
- Solid understanding of Financial Services and Investment Management Strategies & Products
- Practical experience working on Investment Management projects
- Strong experience with Rational Unified Process (RUP) or Agile methodologies is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Experience with large-scale systems development projects and process redesign efforts
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, business judgment and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across multiple and diverse business and systems groups
- Strong management, influence and leadership skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business and system partner is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communications, comfortable and effective in delivering to senior business and IT management and stakeholders.
- Experience in project team management
- Ability to understand technical systems documentation and interact with systems resources
Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$635 billion (US$574 billion) as at March 31, 2014. Our group of companies operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.
Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.