My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we're always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Project Director for our Canadian Buildings Division - Toronto district office located in Toronto Ontario.
- Oversees the management and administration of 1-2 large projects by providing support for the total construction that includes operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc. for the respective projects.
- Review all project labour cost reports and forecasts identifying signs of trouble and developing plans.
- Compile and prepare information for monthly operations reports and long-range year end planning in major project initiatives.
- Ensure project safety standards and environmental program are adhered to at all times, leading by example.
- Ensure project quality management program is implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Coordinate with professional staff to resolve operating problems, disputes and negotiations.
- Lead the effort to identify and qualify high-potential project opportunities and assists in securing new work by investigating leads, participating in estimates, working with subcontractors and/or participating in proposals and presentations.
- Maintain existing client relationships that lead to repeat work.
- Mentor, coach and oversee all staff within project teams for future growth and development opportunities.
- Integrate the project operations with the overall district goals.
- University degree in construction related discipline.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience leading up to a Project Director role.
- Proven experience completing large projects of $1 billion + in a Project Director role.
- Experience leading large teams (60+) and providing performance feedback to direct reports.
- Proven experience leading large pursuits teams for design build and P3.
- Experience working in multiple construction sectors including ICI, Civil and Residential.
- Experience with modular construction.
- Experience with project management, estimating and BIM software programs.
- Knowledge of different construction methods, planning, scheduling, sequencing, potential problems and timelines. Ability to ensure risk is mitigated on construction projects.
- Knowledge of processes/procedures in relation to managing projects and teams.
- Knowledge of relevant construction law and building codes.
- Ability to analyze and apply engineering principles to construction challenges/problems/issues.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fast paced environment and have effective decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- International experience an asset.
The salary range for this position is between $150,000 to $180,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.