Summary: This position troubleshoots and maintains plant electrical equipment, including motors, drives, instrumentation, and plant Programmable Logic Control systems. Diagnoses electrical problems and resolves them. Replaces defective wiring, switches, fuses, worn-out parts; makes connections to new electrical installations. Cleans and oils motors, etc. All work performed to applicable building and electrical safety codes. Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications
- Responds to any urgent or breakdown jobs as required keeping equipment running and minimizing downtime. Troubleshoots and diagnoses plant system problems to provide resolutions and minimize downtime.
- Ensures the proper functioning of all electrical and control systems on a daily basis. Directs the installation of electrical and control equipment and troubleshooting of electrical and control problems.
- Performs preventative and breakdown maintenance in an industrial setting.
- Diagnose electrical problems.
- Replace defective wiring, switches, fuses and worn out parts.
- Makes connections to new electrical installations.
- Journeyman Electrician
- Five years of electrical repair and maintenance experience in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of local, federal and mining electrical safety codes
- Demonstrated skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical/instrumentation system equipment and components
- Understanding and demonstrated application of safe work practices and safety regulations
- Effective leadership, communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in all weather conditions
- Experience working with Allen Bradley Control Logix PLCs or similar hardware and software is considered an asset