| || ETL Developer |
|AltisProfessional is seeking an ETL Developer. This is a fantastic opportunity with a government agency in downtown Toronto. This is a 1 year contract opportunity located walking distance from Union Station. The successful candidates will have experience in SAS programming, JCL, PL SQL, and ETL data warehousing concepts and IBM mainframe(TSOD) and IBM Datastage. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient with IBM mainframe jobs (TSOD) and related languages. Candidate should be able to compile and decipher program code written in languages native to this platform, particularly SAS, Cobol, Focus and VSAM. Knowledge on how to maintain JCL code and standard libraries are primary requirements.
- Analyze user requirements and create computer programs in response to internal and external requests for data using Enterprise Information Warehouse (EIW) its related datamarts, New Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and IM Catalogue and other data sources to extract and manipulate data. This includes validating data to ensure accuracy, quality and relationships to other data entities and selecting the appropriate format to present data.
- Knowledge of IBM Enterprise DataStage (ETL developer tool, minimum version 8.5) and thorough knowledge of its stages, routines and utilities with ability to develop robust and re-usable ETL jobs and routines with scalability.
- Candidate should be conversant with ETL methodologies and job design with a sound knowledge and experience of integrating input/jobs from disparate systems and be able to maintain the Boards standard of ETL best practices.
- Provide support for Enterprise Warehouse operations (e.g. monthly update of EIW and datamarts, EDW, and IM Catalogue related systems to ensure the delivery of timely, accurate and reliable data to business users. This includes monitoring the update processes, updating/maintaining the appropriate system documentation, identifying potential problems and implementing solutions to ensure the efficiency and reliability of the IM operations.
- Maintain the ETL environments by monitoring their performance to ensure functionality, integrity and security of the environments and compliance with BTS information security and change management processes. Identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which may involve interacting with other areas within BTS for resolution.
- Design and build data model for Enterprise ODS, New Enterprise Data Warehouse, and IM Catalogue components based on user requirements and applying appropriate system development methodology. This includes identifying user requirements, analyzing data systems, designing/creating ETL, developing test criteria, testing programs, and reviewing test results; maintaining metadata consistency, implementing the programs into production, providing installation support (on-site/on call as required) and preparing/maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Hands on experience with SAS programming, JCL, PL SQL, and ETL data warehousing concepts.
- Technology mastery: IBM mainframe(TSOD) and IBM Datastage
- Highly desired, but not required: Cognos 8 and 10
| || Apply Online 20140722.17 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We place qualified job seekers in contract and permanent positions within the areas of Administrative Support, Accounting, Information Technology and Professional Services.