| || Database/IM Modeller |
Ottawa Downtown Core
|Our Government client is looking for a Dabatase/IM Modeller to provide database design and development, database modelling and database conversion in support of upcoming IMTD projects. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide database design and development.
- Perform database modelling.
- Perform database conversions.
- Review corporate architecture strategies and directions, data requirements, and business information needs and devise data structures to support them.
- Improve modeling efficiency through recommendations on how to better utilize current metadata repositories.
- Participate in the development of data modelling and metadata policies and procedures.
- Build, convert, test, repair, configure and document all components in the database environment including tables, indexes, views, triggers and stored procedures.
- Work very closely with the team members in order to maintain and safeguard the database.
- Develop and implement procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database.
- Identify requirements for improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements, system performance and functional requirements.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Database Modeller (Database Developer).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in query optimization and configuration within the last eight (8) years and that the resource has performed these tasks in a minimum of three (3) or more projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within the last eight (8) years working with a software development team in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within the last eight (8) years in Data modelling covering OLTP (Online Transaction Processing), relational and multi-dimensional modeling.
| || Apply Online 20140718.2 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
excelITR is one of the fastest growing IT contracting firms in the Nation's Capital. Since 1989, excelITR has been locating technology professionals for contract and permanent positions in the areas of Project Management, Software and Web Development, Business Analysis, and Network Administration and Support.