Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
Responsible for establishing and managing the scope, design, schedule, construction and start up of various Capital Projects and Leasehold Improvement Projects for Apotex Inc., ensuring that all company regulations and procedures are followed and that all work is done in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
1. Prepare cost estimates, feasibility studies and execution schedules for projects and/or portions thereof assigned.
2. In leading projects as assigned, responsible for delivery of project scope within budget and schedule.
3. Prepare and/or co-ordinate the development of detailed drawings and specifications for assigned projects using AutoCAD and Apotex Standards.
4. Provide recommendations to technical professionals/management relative to the selection, negotiation, management and evaluation of external suppliers and contractors.
5. Co-ordinate the activities of outside consultants and contractors in the execution of design and construction work, ensuring Apotex technical and regulatory compliance standards, cost and schedule parameters are maintained and reported.
6. Ensure that all necessary permits as required by the current codes are obtained and that any necessary inspections are scheduled.
7. Lead and/or support the development and execution of F.A.T., commissioning and validation requirements and associated documentation for work assigned.
8. In cooperation with the other Apotex project leadership team members, ensure that all systems are in place to ensure due diligence in design and construction procurement/execution and project cost and schedule controls.
9. Ensure that all work is performed in full compliance with established Apotex Inc. and regulatory standards including, but not limited to, Apotex Inc. safety policies and procedures, cGMP, building code and MOL/MOE requirements.
10. Lead and/or support the development and ongoing maintenance of corporate engineering design and construction standards, and ensure compliance on all project executions.
11. Assist the Engineering Management Team in meeting corporate goals and objectives.
12. Lead and/or support corporate energy savings programs and initiatives. Work with various groups to monitor, regulate, record and manage energy consumption.
13. Perform other related duties as required.
* Minimum 5 years experience in leading the design/construction of capital projects in a fast paced, high-technology, team environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical or food industry.
* Proven track record in managing capital projects in a team environment “on time and on budget”
* Post secondary education in Engineering/Technology in the Province of Ontario or equivalent experience.
PEO (Professional Engineer of Ontario) designation eligibility - P. Eng. preferred.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Fluent in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.