Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
* Responsible for all activities associated with the planning, implementation and management of the corporate network infrastructure in Apotex and Affiliated offices worldwide, including the operation of all data, RF and voice network technologies, in order that Apotex personnel can benefit from these efficiencies with minimal interruptions to business operation.
* Manages the Department to ensure that enterprise systems are maintained in a state conforming to Corporate best practices including cGMP standards where applicable.
* Leads or participates in various focus groups within GIS and Apotex to act as subject matter expert and change leader in tactical implementation of organizational strategic objectives.
* Develop, implement and maintain Systems, Policies, Procedures and Tools to achieve a consistent operation of enterprise technologies and network services.
* Continuous assessment of the operational state (health) of enterprise technology components and network services to ensure service targets are met.
* In conjunction with customers, provide a technical perspective in the development of new and/or improvement to information technology systems that meet customers’ functional needs and improve their business processes throughout the organization.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior managers, peers to determine information technology needs across the organization.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with counterparts in the industry and external service providers and suppliers, as part of their research into emerging technology and “best practices”
* Take the leadership role in the development of the project/department standards and operating policies and procedures in alignment with the overall divisional/corporate vision and integrating with the rest of the organization.
* Provide consultation, expertise and comprehensive support to our internal and external business partners including global hubs, affiliates, and other areas of IT
* Ensures work is performed in compliance with GIS and Corporate procedures and processes
* Support, coach and motivate team, customers and stakeholders to ensure overall quality.
* Create a climate of inclusion and trust among team members. Foster a climate in which people want to do his/her best and leverages individual differences and talents to optimize productivity.
* Recruit, train and effectively manage the ongoing performance of employees.
* Maintain composure in demanding or stressful situations
* Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
* Participate in projects, investigations, audits and improvement initiatives.
* Assist the management team in implementing and monitoring progress against strategic plans to achieve the company goals and objectives.
* Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
* Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
* Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence.
* Balances the needs of employees and the organization
* Perform additional duties & responsibilities as required.
Job Responsibilities for Centre of Excellence (COE):
* Direct, design and execute COE related activities and programs that are complex and critical in nature. In addition, the COE will select, lead, counsel, motivate, and evaluate a team of professionals to meet the goals of the organization.
* Managing the administrative policies, procedures, risks, issues, problem resolution and decision making as well as budgeting and prioritizing based on the need of the business.
* Anticipate and assess emerging global skill expertise by evaluating resource trends, political and economic trends and environments, socio-cultural norms and future technology.
* Identify and recommend the COE skills, center locations, resource requirements, and process implementations
* Lead and oversee center implementation and deployment, build supplier relationships, execute contracts, assess progress and monitor development
* Stay informed of industry standards, best practices and global trends to proactively enhance competitive advantage
* Monitor, audit, and assess center performances vs. business objectives to implement improvements, determine continued relevance, and anticipate opportunities
* Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or Sciences.
* Professional designations preferred.
* Minimum of five to ten years combined experience in Pharmaceutical/Process Industry, Consumer Packaged Goods, Information Systems, Project Management or Management Consulting Environment.
* Telco or consulting vendor background preferred.
* Minimum 2 years of supervision in an IT role.
* Advanced, concise and clear written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and styles.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions, solve and trouble shoot problems based on analysis, experience and judgement
* Proven ability to function in a fast paced and continuously changing environment.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives and goals anticipating and adjusting for problems and interruptions/roadblocks.
* Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
* Good presentation skills in a variety of settings with business or technical users in small and large groups .
* High level of experience and understanding with Networking, Telephony and other IT related technologies including, but not limited to, virtualization, Performance monitoring, capacity planning, Business Service Management and ITIL processes.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.