Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals, who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our growing team.
Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of building systems equipment and facilities in order to provide highly reliable utility support to the Operations Group. Equipment includes HVAC, boilers, chillers, dust collectors, air compressors and purified water systems.
1. Operate building systems to provide specified and reliable environmental conditions and utilities to production, packaging, laboratory, warehouse and office areas. Document system conditions as assigned. Report abnormal conditions to Building Services Manager.
2. Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify and make installations to the building systems and facilities in a professional and timely fashion as required.
3. Carry out preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
4. Compile and maintain all information and documentation relevant to all completed work (CMMS, Log Book, change control, update drawings, files etc.).
5. Determines impact of required work, communicates, co-ordinates and supervises major repairs with other facilities staff / contractor and users to minimize service interruption.
6. To work as part of a team with users, facilities staff and vendor to evaluate effectiveness of systems in order to make continuous improvements.
7. Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications; locate and diagnose trouble in the building systems or equipment.
8. Recommend and maintain inventory of spare parts to minimize any downtime on the system.
9. Ensure that all work is performed in full compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and established safety standards.
10. Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Minimum Highschool Diploma or equivalent required.
* Trade certification in appropriate field (licensed millwright, refrigeration mechanic, industrial electrician etc.) required.
* 3rd Class Operating Engineer’s Certificate or 4th Class Certificate with relevant steam experience preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years proven hands on experience in operating, maintaining, repair and troubleshooting of complex systems such as: HVAC, boilers, chillers, dust collectors, air compressors and purified water systems in an industrial environment.
* Able to read and interpret architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings.
* Experience in the use of a computerized Building Management System to operate building equipment is an asset.
* Familiarity with software programs including Microsoft Office. Good organization and communication skills.
* This position is a rotating continental shift*.