PSYCHOLOGIST- EATING DISORDERS PROGRAM
Status: FULL TIME
File Number: UN.EX 1400000541
Wage Schedule: $52.13 - $56.79 per hour
Program: Eating Disorders Program
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides psychological assessment, diagnosis and treatment to adolescents and adults with eating disorders and related mental health difficulties. Participates in the design, program planning, implementation and evaluation of the Eating Disorders Program. Participates in consultation, team meetings and discharge planning decisions. Works collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team and with appropriate community partners. Provides direction to the team in areas of program evaluation and research design and is actively involved in these activities on an ongoing basis. Provides consultation to other health care providers and assists in the development and maintenance of strong community linkages. Participates in professional development and continuing education to maintain clinical competence and as necessary to maintain optimal quality of care to clients who receive services in the Eating Disorders Program. Participates in program and other committees as appropriate. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology with competency in Clinical Psychology;
- Registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario;
- Experience and training appropriate to a psychiatric rehabilitation setting and experience within a brief acute care model preferably with a hospital setting;
- Substantial training and experience in the area of eating disorders with both adolescent and adult populations;
- Strong clinical and diagnostic/formulation skills, individual and group psychotherapy skills;
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills and ability to work effectively on an interdisciplinary team;
- Proven communication, interpersonal and organizational skills both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team, and to work effectively with community partners; strong consultation skills necessary;
- Demonstrated research and program evaluation skills;
- Committed to client-focused philosophy;
- Able to project a progressive, positive, professional image throughout the program, hospital and community;
- Proven working knowledge of the Mental Health Act of Ontario;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.