Our office works with clients in the public sector, not-for-profit organizations, Aboriginal/First Nations groups and entrepreneurial businesses. As a result, the career choices at KPMG are numerous and provide a range of opportunities to gain experience. Becoming a member of our team provides you with a series of exciting challenges and interesting prospects.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
· Strong work ethic
· Thrive on challenges
· Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
Candidates should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, well-defined leadership qualities, and an outstanding ability to understand our clients businesses and their requirements. Dedicated team players with strong work ethics will be rewarded with stimulating and interesting opportunities with our diversified client portfolio.
Role and Responsibilities
· Preparation of working paper files, including unaudited financial statements.
· Completing monthly book of accounts.
· Client payroll, along with government remittances for payroll, GST, and WCB, and corporate installments.
· Preparation of tax returns and Notice to Readers.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
· Accounting/business diploma.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Previous use of Tax Prep and Caseview programs would be beneficial.
· Proven ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service and products to both internal and external clients.
· Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills.
· Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
· Driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.