Summary of Position
The HVAC Journeyman Field Service Technician is responsible to complete Preventive Maintenance Service, Repair and Retrofit work assigned to him/her while ensuring quality workmanship and high productivity performance.
- Always perform work assignments in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act Regulations and in accordance with the Black and McDonald Safety Manual.
- Adhere to all Divisional and Company guidelines, procedures and policies at all times.
- Maintain and protect all company property, including but not limited to vehicles and tools, which has been assigned for your use.
- Provide technical assistance to other field staff when required.
- Attend all scheduled office meetings
- Provide assistance to the dispatcher with any questions that arise while assigning work
- Accept and respond to repair service calls between the hours of 8am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday
- Take part in the regular on-call schedule and work according to the Divisional Guidelines for such work
- Complete preventive maintenance work in the month in which it is assigned and in the number of hours assigned.
- Ensure that schedules (time distribution) are maintained as dispatched instruction and /or Job/Contract Start-up instruction.
- Ensure that all reporting forms (including timesheets, #4 forms, warranty forms, extra to contract forms, etc.) are completed in their entirety including the appropriate customer signatures where necessary.
- All paperwork is to be kept current and submitted weekly
- Continually sell the services of Black and McDonald, beyond the Service Division, to all customers who you have contact with. Provide leads for this work through your Supervisor or Sales department.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a certified HVAC Technician (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Certificate of Qualification required)
- Gas Fitter II required as a minimum
- Must have valid ODP Certification
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong skills in negotiation and problem solving with the ability to motivate and lead by example
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!