Our engineering consultants provide an extensive range of services including both contract and permanent hiring solutions, which we deliver from coast to coast and across all industries. Working closely with clients and candidates alike, Randstad Engineering provides specialized engineering, technical, construction and manufacturing staffing and recruitment services to Canada’s top organizations.
Randstad Engineering focuses on the following areas:
Document Control - Senior (#276373)
Document Control - Senior
Responsible for the set-up of project requirements, organizing and distributing workloads, training and supervision on large projects and coordination routings, of all document control functions on all projects.
- Provide coverage for IM Manager when out of office and provide feedback on issues/status of department.
- Provides training and supervision to new and current document control staff.
- Providing advice to the department manager regarding training.
- Provide feedback, review, write and keep up to date of CWI's (Canadian Work Instructions), understanding of PISOPs and Client Procedures and standards.
- Write or update Work Instructions for the department and write section for the PEP.
- Distribute work load tasks and functions to the team.
- Setting-up of project requirements and project files.
- Interface with Engineering, Procurement, Construction Project Management, IT, JPI Administration and the Client.
- Communicate staffing and de-staffing needs to manager.
- Produce miscellaneous reports as per requirements.
- Attend meetings related to each project and the document control department.
- Receive and process client standards and documentation.
- Reconciliation of Client systems, and archiving of project originals.
- Recognition and Mentoring of document control team, addressing issues when required.
- Monitor problem areas and find solutions.
- Take responsibilities for team member's decisions and show support
- Defining staffing roles and responsibilities, prioritize, delegating, processing, quality checking of daily work.
- Creating and maintaining a team atmosphere.
- Participating in the evaluation of document control staff.
- Recommendations on methods and techniques for improving quality, productivity and deadline schedules.
- The lead must be able to step in and fill any role within their team. They must have a full understanding of all positions and perform all tasks when required.
- Project close-out; job book requirements, final turnover, reconciliation of systems and archiving.
- Minimum of ten years of document control experience with supervision experience. Advanced engineering technology and ability to read and understand drawings and documentation is essential.
- Computer skill sets (Lotus, Adobe, Word and Excel, Outlook).
-Training in supervisory skills and interpersonal communications.
For immediate consideration, don't delay, apply online today!
Document Control (Must Have)
Click here to apply
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.
As a key player in the recruitment and staffing market, Randstad Canada provides unrivalled expertise in matching Canada’s top talent with the most sought after Canadian employers. Through our network of over 85 branches across 7 provinces, we offer fully bilingual solutions and operational excellence by meeting the unique needs of our clients and candidates across the country. We have helped employers fill more than 40,000 positions in diverse industries.
Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world, generating annual revenues of more than $27 billion. Randstad services more than 45 countries, with 28,000 corporate employees working from 4,300 branches, and employs over 450,000 people every day.