AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some C$5.1 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
AMEC Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Water Quality Specialist to join our team in Calgary, AB.
- Coordination and management of a wide variety of water quality assessments, including baseline sampling of surface water and groundwater, contaminant characterization and assessment of potential environmental effects, preparation of EIA/EIS/EA regulatory applications.
- Contribution to regulatory and stakeholder communication activities and report writing aspects of the water quality portions of environmental assessment projects.
- Preparation of project proposals and contributing to efforts to build and enhance relationships with a wide range of clients.
- The candidate for this position would be a highly versatile individual who has a Masters degree in environmental science or a related field, or a Bachelor degree with equivalent consulting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of surface water quality information, including potential effects to aquatic organisms and water quality guidelines application.
- Strong computer skills, with a proficiency in using Microsoft Excel. Watershed and instream water quality modelling experience is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven scientific or regulatory reporting experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time with a view to delivery on time and on budget.
With us, you’ll be challenged. You’ll be encouraged to excel. You’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you’ll be proud to be a part of the AMEC team. You will become a part of a strong, global company operating in oil and gas, mining, clean energy, and environment and infrastructure markets. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it.
That’s the world of AMEC, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
AMEC offers competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.amec.com.
To Apply: Click here to apply online. If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your resume, you consent to AMEC Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for