AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some C$5.1 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
Project Controls, Director (Vancouver, BC)
Advance your career – click here to join AMEC
AMEC’s Mining & Metals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
We currently have a senior leadership opportunity for a Director of Project Controls. Reporting to the Vice President, Projects, and this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for influencing and leading the implementation and ongoing support, training and development of the AMEC Way project controls procedures, processes and tools across our operation’s offices, functions and projects in the Americas. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Lead and influence the implementing of The AMEC Way project controls programs, objectives, processes and tools within all M&M offices.
- Assisting key projects through project set-up support, mentoring, coaching, training and peer reviews.
- Contributing to the development and updating of The AMEC Way PMP and project controls tools such as Convero, Primavera (P6), SharePoint and Timberline.
- Working with project teams to provide senior guidance on delivering project controls with various project execution strategies and resolving project control delivery concerns.
- Directing training initiatives and overseeing technical performance of the project controls function for Mining & Metals.
- Developing a working relationship with The AMEC Way development team to ensure familiarity with the current procedures, process and tools.
- Interfacing with operations managers, project services managers, functional managers (estimating, quality, engineering, SCM, safety, construction, commissioning) project controls leaders and project managers in each office and establish a program to implement and support The AMEC Way project controls procedures, processes and tools.
- Interfacing with operations managers, project services managers, project controls leaders and project managers in each office to set and periodically review objectives with regard to ongoing development and support requirements for project controls functions. Recommends strategies for achieving these objectives.
- Providing assistance to operations managers and project managers regarding staffing, planning and execution strategies for project controls activities. Coordinating with HR to develop recruiting and staffing plans; providing input on position classifications, job descriptions, and terms of assignments.
- Ensuring commonality of systems, standards and procedures in project controls across the Mining & Metals unit.
- Providing direction and guidance to the managers of estimating, scheduling, cost control, document control, contracts, procurement,construction and commissioning as it relates to project controls, and ensuring coordination across the project controls functional groups.
- Ensuring divisional and corporate project controls standards and procedures are maintained across the projects.
- Remaining abreast of industry changes in project controls techniques and tools, and providing recommendations that would enhance AMEC performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Economics, Engineering disciplines or equivalent)
- At least 15-20 years experience in diverse roles, in EPCM project execution (Mining and Oil & Gas preferred).
- A minimum 8 years experience in progressive project controls leadership roles
- Must have experience and understanding of all aspects of project controls necessary to build major industrial projects, and knowledge of Best Practices
- International, EPCM and major project experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to influence and improve on processes
- Excellent communication, mentoring, coaching and collaboration skills.
- Computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft, Primavera P6, integrated PM tools)
- Regular travel will be required.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please follow the link below.
Click Here to Apply: Reference Number 20749BR
With us, you’ll be challenged. You’ll be encouraged to excel. You’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you’ll be proud to be a part of the AMEC team.
You will become a part of a strong, global company operating in oil and gas, mining, clean energy, and environment and infrastructure markets.
Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognized for it.
That’s the world of AMEC, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, mining, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some £4.2 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
We are recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2013. Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked us among the top International Design Firms. We have also ranked at the top of our sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
We are committed to the continuous improvement of the health, safety and environmental performance of our people and projects. Our ‘Beyond Zero’ philosophy and six safety essentials are the foundation of our safety culture, leading by example to influence the safety behaviours of our colleagues and the communities in which we live and work. We believe that nothing is so important that it cannot be done safely.
Are you ready for a rewarding career? Join us now!
To learn more about AMEC, please visit our career site at: www.amec.com/careers