Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Maxxam might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Maxxam Analytics, the largest privately owned analytical laboratory network in Canada, is looking for a
EDMONTON PETROLEUM PROPERTIES LAB
Join our talented team of experts in the scientific field to advance your technical knowledge and advance your career. Every day we go above and beyond to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients make important decisions that directly impact the community and the environment.
As a LAB SUPERVISOR, your main responsibilities are:
- Act as technical resource for Managers, Client Services and staff
- Monitor turnaround time (TAT) and production targets to ensure deadlines and customer expectations are met; adjust work procedures, work flow and resources as required
- Communicate and ensure SOPs/QA protocols are followed
- Co-ordinate requests or recommend resource planning
- Develop strategic plans with the objective of preparing the department for continued growth
- Lead performance and attendance management
- Ensure staff comply with all health and safety policies and procedures
- Model and enforce high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior
- Measure and report effectiveness of department activities to manager on a regular basis
- Develop relationships with internal departments and determine how the operation can meet and exceed their expectations
You are the ideal LAB SUPERVISOR if:
- You have a Technical Diploma, Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience
- You have 5 years of experience in a related environment with at least 2 years of leadership experience
- You have previous experience in a laboratory environment; petroleum experience is considered a strong asset
- You have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and you possess the ability to deal with different situations and personalities
- You have good time management and problem solving skills, with keen attention to detail
- You are able to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced and changing environment
- You work well independently as well as part of a team
- You demonstrate the ability to accurately follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and instructions
Maxxam is the Canadian market leader in analytical services and solutions to the energy, environmental, food and DNA industries and a member of the Bureau Veritas Group of companies - a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services. We support critical decisions made by our customers through the application of rigorous science and the knowledge and expertise of our over 2500 employees. Our annual Corporate Responsibility Report outlines our efforts to continually improve our business performance and practices. Its publication is an industry first and an integral part of our commitment to success with responsibility.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today by submitting your updated cover letter and resume on maxxam.ca/careers in WORD format.
Learn from the best. Be the best.