| || Database Analyst/IM Administrator |
|Role and Responsibilities |
Qualifications and Experience
- Implement DMS policies, naming conventions, and guidelines for data/system consistency.
- Develop specification for data conversion and/or Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)from internal and external data sources.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders including staff, business clients, management, and technical support staff to obtain information regarding the business objectives and user requirements.
- Document the data requirements using the CASE tool ORACLE Designer. The models include: Business Process Models, Functional Hierarchy diagrams; and Entity Relationship (E-R) Diagrams.
- Determine and recommend technical, operational and data conversion requirements.
- Perform various data administration functions e.g. data security standards, rules for data auditing, data mapping, data scrubbing and data transformation.
- Provide specialized technical advice and guidance to work teams, project teams and clients on the development, installation, management, and monitoring of databases, data models and database management tools.
- Provide expertise to support decisions on improvements to aspects of database design and administration including technical and user support, capacity and performing planning, database development and problem management.
- Ensure compliance with corporate data architectures, strategies and frameworks, including enterprise data warehousing activities.
- Ten years experience, within the last fifteen years as a Database Analyst in gathering, analyzing and documenting data requirements applicable to the development of process, function, and data models; of which three years within those ten years must demonstrate utilization of the ORACLE Designer CASE Tool.
- Must have graduated with a post-secondary degree or diploma in informatics from a recognized institution, as defined by the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (http://www.cicic.ca/2/home.canada)and/or a valid Data Analyst Certification or Degree (i.e. CDMA, MCDBA).
| || Apply Online 20140725.21 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
excelITR is one of the fastest growing IT contracting firms in the Nation's Capital. Since 1989, excelITR has been locating technology professionals for contract and permanent positions in the areas of Project Management, Software and Web Development, Business Analysis, and Network Administration and Support.