Schedule: Part-Time Temp ABSU
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Outsourcing professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process outsourcing services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Outsourcing professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
Business Process Delivery professionals execute repeatable core business processes and/or technical transactions with a focus on efficiency, first-time quality and overall continuous process improvement.
Provides a variety of meter investigations and customer support services using advanced smart meter interrogation tools and results from key smart grid analytics. Multiple interactions with customers including providing notices and addressing billing issues
Major Responsibilities and Duties (to fulfill major purpose):
- Contacts and interacts on-site with customers to troubleshoot meter communications errors and resolve meter connectivity issues. .
- Writes comprehensive reports on customer, site, and meter connectivity issues.
- Using optical probes and data analysis tools, interrogates meters to resolve issues, and/or issue meter exchanges related to communication and other errors.
- Using optical probes and handheld tools, performs download of meter data and demand meter resets.
- Performs disconnection/reconnection of electrical service via optical probe and handheld tools.
- Schedules and performs on-site manual meter disconnects for electrical service.
- Hand delivers various customer notices; reschedules disconnections and delivers 48 hour payment warnings according to defined on-site conditions and procedures.
- Collect and record registered meter readings including entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/ form.
- Performs checks and investigations in support of, switched meters, damaged or faulty meters, and other support checks including customer circuit breaker checks.
- Initiates and/or completes Service Order work such as following up on billing irregularities for all types of residential account customers and general accounts.
- Contacts and interacts on-site with customers to resolve billing inquiries, meter connectivity issues, address changes and updates accounts for billing purposes.
- Tracks and reports a number of different metrics, including time to complete activities, mileage, administration time, etc.
- Provides training to new staff members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience in Customer Service Delivery/Service Enablement
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and review databases, extract and read data regarding accounts receivables
- Knowledge of how to interpret and apply analytics in order to troubleshoot meter connectivity issues, initiate resolution orders, follow up with customer when necessary
- Ability to initiate and develop detailed comprehensive reports resulting from on-site investigations
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude to apply and utilize new and emerging technologies such as smart metering interrogation tools.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Ability to navigate a designated route
- Knowledge of how to access, install, remove, disconnect and/or read devices or units using new and emerging technologies.
- Effective operation of a PC and demonstrated application skills using Excel, Word, Outlook and other Customer Service related application software including data bases and billing systems
- Knowledge of, commitment and promotion of effective security operations, including the protection of people, data and property, through the use of relevant equipment and the adherence to company policies and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing customer demands
- Customer service orientation, with strong oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of principles and processes in providing customer service
- Knowledge of the electrical system and related revenue cycle process
- Experience in office practices and procedures, filing systems, customer handling and hostility diffusion techniques, personal computer and related application program operations. Plus in-house courses: Billing Systems (CCS), MS Office desktop environment and related application programs, email and internet browsers, violence in workplace training will be an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP CCS is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Considerable and extensive travel throughout BC required including overnight stays in remote communities. Normal office conditions including extensive use of computers. Regular exposure to all weather conditions; Working alone in assigned area of responsibility in the field; Physical demands such as walking, reaching, bending, working in tight spaces; carrying equipment and tools; Occasionally dealing with difficult or demanding customers; Driving in all road conditions; Occasional exposure to noise, vibration, chemicals, strong odors, animals, electrical hazards etc.
Experience, Training and Education (demonstrating requirements):
College diploma or certificate in Office Administration, Business Administration, or a related field, AND experience in customer service, or related field
High school diploma AND several years of experience in customer service, or in a related field
A valid driver's license
Specialized training requirements:
- Training and experience in the use of physical tools
- Training in the use of analytical tools
- Analysis of Analytical Results 101
- Business Report Writing
Experience in office practices and procedures, filing systems, customer handling and hostility diffusion techniques, personal computer and related application program operations. Plus in-house courses: Billing Systems (CCS), MS Office desktop environment and related application programs, email and internet browsers, violence in workplace training will be an asset.
This position will be posted externally and internally concurrently. Preference will be given to qualified internal candidates.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
We are (Accenture is) one of the world’s leading organizations providing management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, with approximately 275,000 employees; offices and operations in more than 200 cities in 54 countries; and net revenues of $28.6 billion for fiscal 2013.
To submit resume online Click here