We are looking for a strong Application Developer with a passion for technology. The successful candidate will thrive in an Agile, fast-paced and exciting product development environment. At Workopolis you will find teammates who will guide, as well as challenge you to perform better. You will join our Agile cross-functional product teams made up of co-located product managers, scrum masters, designers, software developers and QA analysts. You will also get the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and engineering best practices as we build new and exciting features. This opportunity will offer you a chance to solve technical problems that are unique to high traffic sites such as Workopolis. You will be working primarily on new product development and innovation.
We put a lot of effort on providing great working environment with Agile team rooms to encourage cross-training, learning and creativity. We give all developers laptops with fast SSD drives, and two wide screen monitors. Oh, and our break rooms include a foosball and ping pong table!
If you love working in an open, highly collaborative environment, and working with the latest technologies and tools then this is the place for you.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
• Develop in depth technical understanding of new applications and complex technology frameworks.
• Participate in the design, implementation and ongoing evolution of our Product and Technology roadmaps.
• Provide guidance and coaching to fellow developers.
• Develop code with an appreciation for performance, scalability security and SEO.
• Works collaboratively in a team that is focused more on communication rather than the documentation of heavy requirements and processes.
Here's what we're looking for:
• Solid understanding and experience with some or all of the following technologies: .Net Framework (4.5), C#, ASP.Net MVC, Web API, AngularJS, KnockoutJS, MSMQ, NServiceBus, MongoDB, Oracle.
• Prior experience with Agile engineering best practices such as continuous integration, test automation, automated deployments.
• Prior experience with RESTful APIs
• Understanding of SOLID principles, along with TDD and BDD.
• Experience with high traffic web sites (1MM+ page views/day) will be a strong plus.
• Experience with web analytics a definite asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.