| || ETL Developer (DataStage) |
Two weeks +
|altisProfessional is seeking a team of ETL Developers (5 positions) to join our client in downtown Toronto for a 6 month contract. The successful candidates will have solid ETL coding abilities using Data Stage, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and T-SQL stored procedure / functions. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Analyze user requirements and create computer programs in response to internal and external requests for data using Enterprise Information Warehouse (EIW) its related datamarts, New Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and IM Catalogue and other data sources to extract and manipulate data. This includes validating data to ensure accuracy, quality and relationships to other data entities and selecting the appropriate format to present data.
- Provide support for Enterprise Warehouse operations (e.g. monthly update of EIW and datamarts, EDW, and IM Catalogue related systems to ensure the delivery of timely, accurate and reliable data to WSIB business users. This includes monitoring the update processes, updating/maintaining the appropriate system documentation, identifying potential problems and implementing solutions to ensure the efficiency and reliability of the IM operations.
- Maintain the ETL environments by monitoring their performance to ensure functionality, integrity and security of the environments and compliance with BTS information security and change management processes. Identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which may involve interacting with other areas within BTS for resolution.
- Design and build data model for Enterprise ODS, New Enterprise Data Warehouse, and IM Catalogue components based on user requirements and applying appropriate system development methodology. This includes identifying user requirements, analyzing data systems, designing/creating ETL, developing test criteria, testing programs, and reviewing test results; maintaining metadata consistency, implementing the programs into production, providing installation support (on-site/on call as required) and preparing/maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Provide technical assistance, advice and guidance to Business Technology Services (BTS) staff and WSIB business users in response to enquiries on the functionality of BI/ETL tools, and data in EIW and related datamarts to ensure efficient and un-interrupted IM services to the business users.
- Ability to comprehend application data models in order to map normalized data to a deformalized reporting model
- Communication skills to interact with business users, functional teams, and SMEs
- ETL coding abilities using Data Stage, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and T-SQL stored procedure / functions
- Experience writing well documented unit tests and executing them
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts such as dimensional modeling, star schemas, ODS and Type 2 SCD change control
- Experience of reverse-engineering data mappings based on application-layer code highly desirable
- Specific technologies: DataStage or equivalent ETL tool, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (must have), Guidewire knowledge for PC, BC, CC (nice to have)
- Candidate should be conversant with ETL methodologies and job design with a sound
- knowledge and experience of integrating input/jobs from disparate systems and be able to maintain the Boards standard of ETL best practices.
| || Apply Online 20140801.17 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We place qualified job seekers in contract and permanent positions within the areas of Administrative Support, Accounting, Information Technology and Professional Services.