OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
This is an historic time for NorQuest College as we move forward as the community college for the Edmonton Region. Now, more than ever, we are searching for leaders who will help us meet and exceed the expectations of our students, staff and the community. Join us as we continue in our journey to becoming an institution of choice for an expanding and diverse population of lifelong learners.
Are you known for your commitment to building and maintaining relationships? Are you patient, professional and committed to confidentiality? Do you have proven experience thinking analytically and managing a diverse and steady workload? Would you like to work in an environment that supports you and encourages your professional growth? If so, consider this opportunity!
Reporting to the Coordinator, Admissions, you will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, analyzing and interpreting applicants’ admission documentation and academic history to determine admission and transfer credit eligibility. As a key College contact in converting applicants to enrolled students, you will be responsible for ongoing applicant relationship management. You will support the Coordinator in establishing strong, effective working relationships with academic divisions and support enrolment targets and resolve admission and applicant issues, and play a key role in providing recommendations for improvements to the Coordinator, Admissions.
- Evaluation of academic requirements
- International Admissions
- Ensure records and documentation are treated with confidentiality and in accordance with FOIP legislation
- Establish strong, effective working relationships with academic divisions to support timely, valid and defensible academic assessment
- Other related work as required/assigned
- Works closely with Office of the Registrar staff and students
- Completion of a relevant two-year post-secondary diploma is required.
- 1 to 3 years of directly related experience in post-secondary education preferably in a registrarial capacity
- Highly professional attitude and demeanour
- Experience in SS/OR area preferred
- Experience in dealing with outstanding accounts an asset
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including typing speed of 40 wpm with 95% accuracy
- Proven ability to work as an integral part of a cohesive team
- Demonstrated ability to structure and organize work day according to identified priorities
- Excellent communication skills
SALARY: $39,449 to $51,275 per annum
COMPETITION NUMBER: P4559-08-14
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter in one document.