JOB POSTING #734822
Position: PROJECT COORDINATOR, FACILITIES
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL & PRINCESS MARGARET CANCER CENTRE
Department: FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Hours: 37.5 HOURS/WEEK 0800 - 1600 MON - FRI
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the primary responsibilities of the PROJECT COORDINATOR, FACILITIES include: Coordinating facilities construction projects, playing a key role in assessing client requirements to ensure the efficient utilization of manpower, supplies, utilities and equipment in a cost effective manner while providing quality delivery of projects for the benefit of all patients, staff and visitors at the Hospital; supervising the various internal and external tradesmen providing different elements of building services, including architectural, plumbing, electrical, etc.; performing financial responsibilities; working in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention´s of the Act, in a timely manner; performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- At minimum, a completion of a community college diploma program, in electronics, mechanical or HVAC Civil Engineering/Construction Technology or completion of an apprenticeship program as an electrician, industrial mechanical, etc., or recognized equivalent required
- Five (5) years related experience required as an installer or construction worker with significant exposure to plant equipment maintenance required.
- Experience within a unionized hospital environment preferred
- Certified in WHMIS safety training.
- RPA, CPM, CFM or SMA preferred
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills with windows 98 / 95, Microsoft word / Excel and Outlook express.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and Architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of Codes, Regulations, WHMIS, OHSA, Hospital Policies.
- Knowledge of financial management procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to implement beneficial change.
- Must be capable of maintaining multiple communication channels.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
POSTED DATE: September 2, 2014
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.